Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dear Steak, it's Me Rada

Some might say I came out of the womb being a 40 year old bachelor carnivore at heart. My first true love was not Ken, Polly Pocket or Jonathon Taylor Thomas but instead it was steak. While some kids wanted Chuckee Cheese or ice cream cake for their birthdays, I chose the heartier option of steak. My first encounter with the juicy slab of beef was the original....Peter Lugers. It was love at first bite. Medium rare is the only way to order otherwise in my opinion it's insulting to the steak as well as to the 200 year old waiters at the establishment. Almost as insulting as adding any type of sauce....just don't, it ruins it. Steak is at it's best when left alone, no additions necessary except maybe the signature hash browns on the side. The love blossomed from that point on. I couldn't get enough, I was in the honeymoon stage of the relationship. But Luger's wasn't enough, I needed someone or somethings on the side. From there I cheated  on Peter  with Post House, Sparks, Ben & Jack's, etc. Next on my list is Frankies and Del Frisco's which supposedly out does my one and only but I shall be the judge.

1 comment: